Woodhill College http://www.schoolguide.co.za/media/jreviews/photos/thumbnail/160x160s/e9/db/87/2058_woodhillcollege_1317080144.jpg Featured Hot
Woodhill College is a 4-term, co-educational, independent, non-denominational Christian School for learners from Gr. 000 – Gr. 12. The College was built in 2000 and opened its doors on 9 February 2001. The School presently has a pupil complement of 1176.
Woodhill was voted one of the 40 finest independent Schools in South Africa (Destiny Magazine July 2009). This translates to Woodhill College being one of the top 17 Schools in Gauteng and one of the top four in Pretoria. Woodhill was also runner up for best English Primary and runner up for best English High School (8th reader’s choice awards - Best of the Best – Pretoria News November 2009).
Woodhill College consists of three Schools, each with their own Principal:
- Foundation School (Gr. 000 – Gr. 0)
- Preparatory School (Gr. 1 – Gr. 6)
- High School (Gr. 7 - Gr. 12) – Gr. 7 is included in the Middle School (Gr. 7 – Gr. 9) division, which functions as part of the High School.
The College is situated on a 14 hectare property adjacent to Woodhill Residential Estate & Country Club on the eastern edge of Pretoria. In close vicinity of Elardus Park, Erasmuskloof, Faerie Glen, Garsfontein, Lynnwood Glen, Mooikloof, Moreleta Park, Olympus, Silver Lakes and The Wilds. The peaceful setting and spacious secure grounds provide an ideal environment for an educational institution.
With a strong focus on a family ethos as well as a holistic approach to education, Woodhill College provides a balance between academic, sport and cultural fields.
The School also offers a fully staffed Remedial Department on the premises. Our experienced, caring staff takes the interest of each learner to heart to help with their educational and social development.
To produce young people who are well received both nationally and internationally and are able to meet the challenges of tomorrow.
Woodhill College will achieve this by:
- aspiring towards excellence in academic, sporting and cultural fields
- creating a safe, caring and enriching environment in which each child can find a “place in the sun”
- providing progressive, technologically advanced and innovative education
- developing each child’s character which includes personal integrity, loyalty, social skills, independent thinking and high moral values
- fostering a respect for our fellow citizens and appreciation of the diversity and uniqueness of South Africa