We at Crawford Preparatory School Lonehill welcome you to our unique education system. We are proud of our fresh and alternative approach to education and the fact that we provide pupils with the finest possible all-round education available.
Our webpage will help you become familiar with who we are and how we operate. It provides you with insight into our innovative approaches, our dynamic staff, our facilities, activities and all the other qualities that we believe make our school so special and successful.
We believe strongly in a values-based education approach and that our children should enjoy their schooling, this way setting the tone for life-long learning, and creating well-rounded, responsible citizens of the future.
Our vision is “to be the ideal school of choice (in the area), offering a unique education to all-round achievers, whilst nurturing the essence of the child”.
- To encourage independent thought, teaching pupils to think, understand and apply rather than learning by rote.
- To see to discover talent in every pupil and praising effort and achievement on every front.
- Selecting and supporting teachers who will inspire, enthuse and encourage pupils to the highest levels of their ability, thus maximising their potential.
- Continually reviewing and renewing our policies to ensure that the education we provide remains innovative and appropriate.
- Exposing pupils to a full spectrum of experiences which will enrich and expand their cultural horizons.
- Developing leadership and team play through a wide variety of sports and cultural pursuits at both competitive and social levels.
- Implementing a school policy which is caring and empathetic, and respects each individual’s needs, dignity and rights.