Amazing K provides specialised education to learners with an Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD) & PDD that are between the ages of 20 months and 10 years.
At Amazing K we use TEACCH structured teaching methodologies, Floortime, Picture Exchange Communication System (PECS), Makaton & Applied Behavior Analysis (ABA) as part of our Curriculum. Our Curriculum also includes:
- Gross Motor Development
- Fine Motor Development
- Sensory Integration Therapy
- Music Therapy
- Numeracy & Literacy
- Functional Academics
- Self Help & Life Skills Teaching
- Toilet training and behaviour management
- Art Therapy and Play Therapy form part of our Curriculum
Even thought our learners need to fit into designated classes – the classes and programs are made up to meet each individual student’s needs. Classes are however “grouped”, with occasional exceptions, by chronological age and/or level of independency, learning and/or communication.
- We offer a team approach with a maximum of a one-to-four ratio;
- Students are regularly assessed to determine skill acquisition and maintenance in accordance with their Individualized Education Plan (IEP);
- A variety of therapies are available at school which include: Speech Therapy, Occupational Therapy, Physio Therapy, Music Therapy and Swimming Lessons